Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MAD GENIE, I say he is MAD!!!!!


So about a month ago, I got a knock on my door and it was the postman wanting me to sign for a very important box... a box of goodies from Germany. I signed and well opened my treasure box of fabrics.... oh the insanity of it all. I had found a certain fabric over on ebay Germany that I just had to have Mr. Q...and what you know I lost...well at the same time I decided to bid on another one of the seller's fabrics...and well what you know I lost...not a good story, until I got a second chance. And then I got to know the seller...and she showed me her fabric goodies, and well after taking the second chance that should have only cost me a few dollars...I ended up with a box full of fabrics that well cost a little more than a few dollars:) LOL...so I am all giddie trying to think of new ideas and ways to use these new fabrics...and well I just had to start off with my GOT TO HAVE it fabric the MAD GENIE.... with dragon and genies and towers and swords...how could my little man not love it;) Then Sarah of Windyday*jewelrey wrote and asked me if I would like to work with her for the VendeMia sunshine launch...hmm I would love to work with her talent...so I told her my plans of the Genie fabric and well it has a sun in it...can I make it stretch for a sunshine launch. YES I think I can...so she got some pics and went off to bake her beads and came up with this super cute necklace with a Mad Genie and well maybe I wasn't necessarily heading that direction but yes this was awesome, so we were going to make it work and what better theme than the LAND of the RISING SUN!!! Perfect and out of the box....so I put together my outfit rather quickly and got some pretty good pics of my little man... so it is now listed so please check it out as I am rather proud of this outfit and how it came together.


On top is a ring of fire...
Brings us to the land of the Rising Sun...
Dragons and Swords for fights of love...
Puff, Puff...the Genie has arose...
Arose from the ashes and buildings...
Arose from the darkness...
Eyes adjust to the land of the sun...
The bright red sun, a round glow...
The Genie is Mad...Mad I say...





And this super awesome genie necklace by Sarah
+
And well super awesome friend Shawnta of Mamigirlboutique made us these shoes awhile ago and they go perfect with the outfit so I couldn't resist to add them to the mix!!!




No comments: